I have been tagged by She for the 6 Unimportant Things meme, so since this blog has been all work and no play for too long I thought I would give this one a go!
Here are the six six non-important things/habits/quirks about myself
1. I love driving! Road trips are my favorite way to travel.
2. I can turn my right foot around backwards, but not my left
3. I have knit a cunning hat
4. I have a trophy for ball room dancing
5. The first movie I ever saw was Star Wars, the original theatrical release.
6. I eat candy bars a layer at a time. First the chocolate off the outside, then each internal layer separately. I have even been known to eat each peanut inside a Snicker’s bar individually.
And I will tag
I have been knitting some too. I took a big knitting break after the holiday rush, but I think I am getting back into it now. I knit up some hats for Amy to take with her to SPA for the Ship’s Project
It was fun to make these because they were fast and it got me back into the groove of knitting.
Matt and the kids made a patio this weekend. It has the Teeny Seal of Approval
And I have some news on the Galveston front. Back in December after the vote I pulled the Galveston Shawl out and found I was very, very lost in the pattern. I ended up frogging it back and starting over. I am almost caught up to where I had been. I will try to get a photo of it soon.
And I have been running a color experiment with my spinning. I spun up 5+ oz of these two colors, Sable Grey and Purple, for a laceweight 2 ply. They look very cool separately.
When I started to ply it wasn’t coming out like I had imagined it in my head. The purple made the grey lighter and the grey made the purple greyer. I thought about overdying it a rich purple color when I was done, until last night. I was plying last night when I noticed that I couldn’t see the purple! Under the indoor lighting, the whole bobbin looked Sable! I liked that it changed colors, but I don’t know if I am completely sold on it yet. I think I will hold judgement until I have at least one skein off the wheel.