Posted by amysbabies under Uncategorized
I don’t have any new fiber to share yet, but that doesn’t mean I have been sitting around slacking! I have been super busy working on other projects and thinking about some projects that I should finaly get off my rear and finish.
I have been knitting on my Galveston Mystery Shawl, but it has progressed to the jellyfish stage and is not quite photogenic at the moment. I should have the whole thing finished and blocked in the next couple weeks. I wanted to give it to my Grandmother when I go to visit at the end of the month.
I have also been working on the Pacific Waves Shawl from Elann. I am using my Shade Garden self stripping that I spun a couple of months ago. I have so much of this yarn that I am hoping to have enough left over for another project.I cast on for this last Friday night, 541 stitches marked every 18th stitch O_O Right now it just looks like a big funky collar. I am about half way through. There are 41 rows in the instructions and I was so excited last night when I got to row 38. I thought I was almost finished, even if it did seem a little narower than it was supposed to be. I thought maybe the extra width would come with blocking. NOPE! Row 41 says to go back to row 5 and do it all again, groan!! It isn’t a difficult pattern, just sort of mindless. The pattern is only worked every 4th row, so the other 3 rows are plain stockinette….for 541 stitches per row.
I have also pulled out a project that I started on last year. I ADORE Japanese art and when I found a Lonni Rossi panel titled Ginkgo Godesses in a quilt shop, I had to have it right then! There are three godesses per panel, so I decided to give each one the atributes of an element. I dug through my hand dyed fabric stash and gave them each a beautiful new kimono and a sparkly crown. I even fussy cut out some foliage for their Ginkgo accessories. There are bigger images over at my Flickr
Here is how they started out
And Here is how each of them looks now.
I traced and cut all the pieces out, then appliqued them onto the original panel. On Wind I went over the seams with a black pen to hide the white spaces peeking out from between the pieces and to add back in the lines in the folds. I haven’t done that yet on the other two. I am thinking of doing some hand embroidery to embelish them a bit more before they are done. They will eventualy have a narow red border and a wide black border added to the outside edges to frame them for becoming wall hangings. I am going to purchase another one of these panels, plus some Geisha panels that are being released this spring for some further experamentation ;D