Here is a hat that I made this week using the pattern from The Girl from Auntie and some yarn I spun back in October. I have been nervous about the cables for months but I decided that I needed to just sit down and do it! The yarn is actually a little greener than in the photo and was begging to be used. I still have quite a bit of it left over and I am trying to decide what else to make with it. On my short list right now are wrist warmers, socks, leg warmers or another variation of this hat. I just can’t make up my mind.

I was also working on my Lady E this week. I had been using #7 needles and I was beginning to worry that I was not going to have enough yarn. I had seen other Lady E’s made with the same yarn and less balls, but they were very long! I did some reading and found that one person had used #8’s and the other had used #10’s, so I decided to split the difference and use #9’s. I am frogging what I had made already and the new Lady E is much bigger already! What I realy want to do is make one in every color of Rowan Tapestry 😉

Advertisements